Humanity First is at the forefront of Refugee Resettlement as a Sponsorship Agreement Holder Organization (SAH). Humanity First believes that response to the humanitarian crisis of such a scale requires a collective effort, collaboration, and most of all, compassion and an unshaken resolve to serve humanity.
Our effort is to remove suffering and make a difference by making our contribution to this global effort. Together, We can make it happen!
Interested in Sponsoring Refugees?
It is as simple as 1, 2, 3…
1- Partner with a Humanity First as a Constituent Group or Co-sponsor:
If the Co-sponsor is an individual, the individual must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- reside in the community where the refugee is expected to live
If the Co-sponsor is an organization, the organization may be:
- a corporation
- an unincorporated organization
- an association
- another SAH or CG
Humanity First will review and discuss all the details pertaining to sponsorship and resettlement as well as the roles & responsibilities of your group. You will then sign the ‘Sponsorship Agreement’ or ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ with Humanity First. The agreement will serve as a reminder to both the parties of their roles and responsibilities during the sponsorship & resettlement process.
It should however be noted that sponsorship requirements may vary from case to case. Additional considerations may be required when evaluating a sponsorship case.
2- Prepare to Provide Financial Commitment to support the Refugee(s):
- Funds must be available to provide financial and settlement support to the sponsored refugee(s) for up to 12 months after arrival in Canada. Please note that the settlement funds cannot come from refugees. We will need a written confirmation that no amount has come from the refugee(s) either directly or indirectly.
- The cost of living varies from one region to another; however, the following table provides an estimated cost based on family size.
- Discuss with your Humanity First how to manage and administer funds.
- Tax receipts might be available for some donation types in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Canada Revenue Agency.
Sponsorship Cost Table: